Jeffrey MassimillaVice President for Global Cybersecurity
General Motors VP for Vehicle Safety, Jeffrey Massimilla, has stated that “It’s not a question of if our industry will ever see a serious cyber security incident, but when,” alluding to the fact that a cybersecurity incident for one automobile manufacturer affects everyone. The need for a balanced approach to regulation and increased collaboration between the industries and government agencies remains crucial to ensure connected car security.
· Updating with GM’s current cybersecurity vehicle awareness plans
· Discussing vehicle safety standards and regulations that allow self-imposed guidance for OEM’s
· Implementing NHTSA Cybersecurity best practices guidelines into your manufacturing
· Improving and enhancing collaboration with Automobile Information Sharing and Analysis Center (Auto-ISAC)
· Protecting consumer’s personal and sensitive information within a framework that allows continued innovation and growth